Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

Update

Hey guy's when is everyone free to meet up ? We need to meet up as the presentation is upon us!

I found a great book on gunpowder in the library and had a small meeting with karen. We made some questions for are selves, and will meet up on monday in the library to find out what we found.

We have been researching when gunpowder was first invented and came up with an idea that the presentation should be based around: How gunpowder has influenced the world ? it seems to be a strong question to work from, especially with gunpowder, because it dates back to the early 1800's, 19th Century, when it was invented in clay pots, melted down and then solidified. Modernisation changed gunpowder slightly with new mixtures, like TNT, Earthquake Powder, Elephant Brand, Fortis, Carbonite, Kinetite, Dynammon, Pembrite, Fractorite, Electronite - this gives us some idea of the range of invention and rather bewildering array of products that manufacturers were tyring to sell .

Brown.I.G (1998) The Big Bang, A History of Explosives: Gloucestershire. Sutton Publishing Limited

It is used in Mining, Warfare, Entertainment, Films, SFX, Sports, and the Building Trade.

Karen and i have made a mind map on gunpowder in terms of what it is used for.

We came up with some questions to research upon:

How gunpowder has influenced the world ?

What is used instead of gunpowder in the 20th ? even though it is still used in places, but as a whole.

Different Explosive Mixtures ?

Hope you guys have found some stuff on gunpowder as well, hopefully we can meet up next week.

I will be free after 12 on monday, all day wed, and fri. Meet up soon guys. Adam.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, We're watching a movie tomorow from two o'clock, so we could meet from 12 until then. I think it would be useful to choose which person will be researching which thing about the gun powder as we wouldn't end up in doing absolutely the same thing. How could I contact you tomorow then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man meet me by the entrance of the library at 1. I'll be there, my class doesn't finished until 1 so ill meet you then mate. I was gonna put my num on here as it wld be a relevant solution, but i got pranks last time from random people. Meet me by the entrance of the library at 1. see you then. I know we've just got find out what to research this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man forget the comment above! if you email me tonight Rock_Army@hotmail.co.uk, we need to meet up this week and get sorted, ive had so much work same as you probably. Do you know where paul is at ? email me tonight an ill give you my number. Adam. Im free all day wednesday, and we should be able to meet up on thursday after the lecture.

    ReplyDelete